Prizes are generally a combination of cash and business services and will vary by location.
At the Global Finals, students compete for a prize package of US$25,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000, which includes a travel/lodging expense paid trip to compete in the Global Finals. Second place will receive US$10,000 and third place will receive US$5,000.
Additional awards are given at the Global Finals for Social Impact, Innovation, and Lessons from the Edge.
How do the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards help student business owners?
- Access to successful entrepreneurs. Feedback. Mentorship.
- Refined elevator pitches. Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to our judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- Expanded networks. Competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and our honored guests.
- Media Exposure. Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- Did we mention PRIZES? EO GSEA participants compete for a global prize package worth US$25,000 in cash. All EO GSEA finalists receive a paid trip (airfare and lodging) to compete in the EO GSEA Global Finals, donated business services, access to the EO community and mentorship. The total value of all prizes, gifts and services for all student competitors at the EO GSEA Global Finals is nearly half a million dollars.